Victorian Gothic Console
Victorian large stripped pine Gothic console table with original Brecciated marble top relief carved with Maltese crosses, c.1850.
Provenance: The Bishop’s Palace, Wells
Benjamin Ferrey reconstructed the first floor and created a suite of three rooms in the middle of the 19th Century. This console was probably made for the Palace during this period, and has similar Gothic architrave to the fireplace in the meeting room.
210cm wide x 97cm high x 66cm deep
(82.7" x 38" x 26")