Pair French Iron and ormolu figural candelabra converted to lamps. Signed J.J. Ducel a Pairs. c.1870.
The firm of J.J. Ducel was started in 1810 at Poce in the Pas-de-Calais. One of the leading manufacturers specialising in architectural fittings as well as urns and statues. Following the death of Monsieur Ducel in 1878 the Val d‘Osne foundry purchased the firm‘s patterns.
90cm high x 34cm diameter
(35.4” x 13.4”)